A night of new works explored by
emerging & mid-career Asian diaspora artists
in partnership with Omnibus Theatre.
Main-Main means ‘Playing’ in the Malay language. RUMAH wants to encourage artists to use this platform to play, something that artists often neglect even during the pandemic. There's always that pressure to not make mistakes and present a finished but rushed 'product'. Even while playing, RUMAH believes in taking a supportive approach, making sure all artists are supported throughout the process. This May, RUMAH & Omnibus Theatre hope to host you in person!
There have been many scratch presentations and development platforms for artists to incubate their work. Some artists managed to build a reputation and an audience base, others will not know how to progress after. This is where feedback sessions with practitioners benefit artists, as it attempts to provide a space for listening, reflection and to make sense of their idea. RUMAH has invited 3 diverse practitioners from Producing, Dramaturgy & Marketing who will be providing 1-1 feedback with the shortlisted artists of Main-Main. Check out last March's Main-Main here.
At this time, the platform will only prioritize the various Asian diasporas in London, as there isn't many platforms for us to take up space. (Asian includes South, South East, East, West and Central Asians, and not forgetting individuals with mixed heritage and non-British background.)
1. Fill out the google doc form &
tell us about your idea.
2. We're not looking for any specific genre, as long as you're taking a risk and having fun experimenting.
3. Deadline to send in proposals:
Sunday, 9th May 2021
4. We will select 3 ideas for Main-Main, and will let you know if your piece has been selected by
Wednesday, 12th May 2021
5. You must be over the age of
18 to apply.
6. Must be available to go LIVE on Monday, 31st May 2021
2. Marketing & Tech support From RUMAH & Omnibus Theatre
3. Rehearsal Space at
4. A 1 to 1 feedback session with Marie Mccarthy (Dramaturgy), Micheal Norton (Producer) & Corinna Cunningham (Marketing) to further progress your idea.